Bardia National Park
Bardia National Park
Situated in the mid-far western Terai, bordered by the Karnali River, Bardia National Park covers 968 sq. km. It is 585 km from Kathmandu and is the largest and most undisturbed expanse of wilderness in southern Nepal, although it is also the least explored by tourists.
About 70% of the park is covered with sal forest; the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland, savannah and riverine forest. The park contains eight types of ecosystem. The park headquarters are situated at Thakurdwara and is surrounded by peaceful villages and fields inhabited by an indigenous ethnic group, the ‘Tharu’.
Bardia became a conservation area in 1976 and then attained National Park status in 1988. Presently a plan is being considered to further expand the park both north and eastwards. Conservation is a strong theme within Bardia; the park as well providing a home habitat for many species also provides an ideal environment for the study of wildlife. The WWF and the Nature Conservation Trust are active in the park monitoring wildlife and breeding habitats. They have also implemented an educational scheme for local people highlighting the importance of, and need for conservation.
After breakfast transfer to Kathmandu domestic Airport and fly to Nepalgunj Airport Hotel representative will receive you. You will then be transferred to hotel where you will be offered refreshment and be given a briefing on our lodge and its facilities. After being given your programs details you will check in, than lunch. After lunch you have Tharu village tour near by the hotel where you will be able to learn about Tharu cultural. Dinner-cultural program . O/N at Hotel in Bardia.
Early in the morning wake up call followed by tea/coffee. Breakfast than Elephant ride, an excellent opportunity to get the lifetime experience on the elephant back and to see the wildlife of the Park. Visit to visitor Center, Crocodile Breeding Center and Tharu Cultural Museum. After Lunch Jungle Walk an excellent opportunity to see the wild animals, small mammals, birds and waits in the tower to have the wild sightseeing, accompanied by our experienced naturalists and wild life tracker. Excellent photographic opportunities are plentiful. At night Dinner. O/N at Hotel.
Early in the morning wake up call followed by tea/coffee. Breakfast then Bird Watching. An excellent opportunity to see a great many species of birds found in Bardia. Visit to Karnali River for Dolphin sightseeing. After Lunch departure for onward destination
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Kathmandu to Nepaljung to Kathmandu by flight
- Nepaljung to National park to Nepaljung transfer by private vehicle
- National Park entrance fee
- Twin sharing accommodation during the safari in Bardia National park.
- Three meals a day; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the Safari
- Safari activities as per given itinerary with natural guide
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- All meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health insurance and insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and meals, extra activities (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control.